Girls Winter Indoor Lacrosse Clinics — Register Now
Kent Place School (Field House)
42 Norwood Avenue, Summit, NJ
Dates and Times
Sundays: K–4th Grades
9:45–10:45 am* OR 10:45–11:45 am* (NOTE: slight change in times)
- January 12, 19, 26
- February 2, 9, 16, 23
Note: Clinics are one hour in length and feature the identical curriculum in both time slots. Participants are grouped by grade level, and where applicable, ability level. In the event of a conflict on any particular day, parents are welcome to send their child to a different time slot.
* Attention Soccer Fans: Please note that Phil Wolstenhome, who runs indoor soccer clinics immediately after our second time slot at Kent Place, has moved his start time and that of the Summit Soccer Club back to 11:45 am. Therefore, families who play both lacrosse and soccer can participate in both without any overlap.
Wednesday Nights: 4th–9th Grades, 6:45–7:45pm
- January 8, 15, 22, 29
- February 5, 12, 19, 26
What They’ll Learn
Stick work practice throughout the winter is key to preparing players for their spring season. This clinic is suitable for both beginners and intermediates.
- Beginners learn throwing, catching, cradling, ground ball pick-ups, dodging, shooting, and 1 v. 1 defense.
- Intermediate players reinforce fundamentals, while working on becoming comfortable with the non-dominant hand, cutting and catching on the run, defensive tactics, shooting and the basics of draw control.
Groups are usually divided by grade, and where appropriate, by ability level. Friends can always be placed together upon request.
Costs (Fee Includes a Free T-Shirt and a Swax Lax Ball)
Choose 6-, 7-, or 8-week sessions:
- 6 sessions: $260 ($250 early-bird discount through 12/15/19) *option only available for Wednesday night clinics
- 7 sessions: $295 ($285 early-bird discount through 12/15/19)
- 8 sessions: $330 ($320 early-bird discount through 12/15/19) *option not available for Sunday clinics
If your daughter is owed a make-up session from the fall clinics and you plan to attend the winter clinics, please sign up and pay for one fewer clinic than you plan to attend.
- Girls lacrosse stick and sneakers; no mouth guards or goggles required.
- Girls lacrosse stick; sneakers; mouth guards and goggles required.
A limited number of sticks and goggles are available for loan. Please contact us in advance. Read our article, What To Bring, for more information on equipment needs and our article, Keep Kids’ Lacrosse Skills Sharp at Our Indoor Winter Lacrosse Clinics.
There are no make-up dates for this program. In the event that Swax Lax Lacrosse needs to cancel a session, participants are invited to join us at any winter or fall session in 2020.
In the event of a conflict, a full refund less a $25 administrative charge is offered if you give us notice within two weeks. Participants can also attend another time slot during at any of the clinics this season.