Girls Outdoor Fall Lacrosse Clinics for 2022
Registration for girls outdoor fall lacrosse clinics this September into October is now open.
Please Note: All clinics are full.
Kent Place School
42 Norwood Ave, Summit, NJ
DATES AND TIMES
SUNDAYS, 12:30 – 1:30 PM
- September 11, 18, 25
- October 2
This clinic is designed for girls who are ready to learn the sport, or take their skills to the next level in the off-season. No prior experience is necessary. We reinforce the basic skills of catching, throwing, cradling, ground ball pick-ups, dodging, shooting, and defensive stickwork, while staying true to the Swax Lax Lacrosse spirit of building confidence and having fun! What’s a typical day like at one of our fall clinics? Here’s what your daughter can expect.
Note: Clinics are one hour in length. Participants are grouped by grade level, and where applicable, by ability level.
- Clinics will take place on a turf field so either sneakers or cleats are required.
- The clinics are played entirely outdoors, but bathrooms are available.
COST (FEE INCLUDES A SWAX LAX BALL)
4-week session: $180
- Required equipment includes: Girls lacrosse stick and sneakers (no mouthguard or goggles are required for this age group), and water; cleats are optional.
- Required equipment includes: girls lacrosse stick, sneakers, mouthguard, and goggles, and water; cleats are optional.
Read our article What To Bring for more information on equipment needs.
Swax Lax Lacrosse will refund registration fees, less a $25 admin charge, for cancellations communicated to us in writing at least two weeks prior to the program start date. No refunds will be issued within two weeks of the program start date.
In the event that Swax Lax Lacrosse needs to cancel a session due to an unforeseen conflict or if our clinic location is closed as mandated by the CDC, local health, school, or other government agencies, participants will receive a prorated refund of the clinic fee.
If we have to cancel a session for a weather-related reason, we will issue a credit for a future clinic or camp session. However, fees cannot be prorated in the event a player cannot attend all four sessions.
REGISTRATION FOR FALL LACROSSE CLINICS
WHAT TO EXPECT AT FALL CLINICS FOR K–3rd
At the first clinic, players are divided into grade groups to meet their coaches. Creative ice-breakers allow the girls the opportunity to warm up their muscles, feel comfortable with their group, and get ready to play.
- Each week, two skills are introduced and reinforced through drills and lacrosse-oriented games by rotating through various stations.
- At the end of each clinic, coaches select “Players of the Day” from each grade group to recognize specific skills, effort or accomplishments. By the end of the four weeks, every player is awarded the coveted “Player of the Day” sticker.