Girls Winter Indoor Lacrosse Clinics — Coming Soon
Girls Fall Outdoor Lacrosse Clinics
Kent Place School, Lower Turf
42 Norwood Avenue, Summit, NJ
This clinic is designed for girls who are ready to learn the sport, or take their skills to the next level in the off-season. No prior experience is necessary. We reinforce the basic skills of catching, throwing, cradling, ground ball pick-ups, dodging, shooting, and defensive stickwork, while staying true to the Swax Lax Lacrosse spirit of building confidence and having fun!
Note: Clinics are one hour in length. Participants are grouped by grade level, and where applicable, by ability level.
Dates and Times
Sunday Afternoon, 12:15-1:15pm
- September 8, 15, 22, 29
- October 6, 13, 27 * There is NO clinic on October 20!
Costs (Fee Includes a Free T-Shirt and a Swax Lax Ball)
Choose 6- or 7-week sessions:
- 6 sessions: $260
- 7 sessions: $295
- Girls lacrosse stick; sneakers; no mouth guards or goggles required; cleats are optional.
- Girls lacrosse stick; sneakers; mouth guards and goggles required; cleats are optional.
Registration for Fall Lacrosse Clinics
A Typical Day: What to Expect at Fall Clinics
Warm-Up: Horse and Jockey
To warm-up, our players for the clinic, we play camp favorite games such as horse and jockey.
Station 1: Clean Your Room Game
We practice long throws by playing a game called “Clean Your Room.” The team with the least amount of balls on their side of the room wins!
Station 2: Musical Ground Balls
Teaches the perfect ground ball. By learning to scoop properly, players can get an edge on the other players.
Station 3: Cascade Relay
Players work on flip padding by participating in a relay race! Flip passes are a great way to lose a defender on the go.
Station 4: Catching And Throwing Contest
To play the catching and throwing contest, whichever team consecutively makes the most catches and throws owns! It’s a great game to play at home, too!
Players of the Day:
Coaches award the coveted, hand-decorated Player of the Day stickers to those players who demonstrated special effort or mastered a specific skill.
What to Expect at Our Fall Clinic for Older or More Experienced Players
- At Swax Lax Lacrosse, we have a special curriculum for older, more experienced players who are, in many cases, preparing to try out and play on their school and club teams.
- Developing stick skills and game tactics in a comfortable learning environment is a top priority.
- While younger players rotate through stations and play games to improve their skills, the older players experience more individualized coaching, similar to a semi-private lesson. They work with experienced coaches who focus on bringing their lacrosse skills to the next level.
There are no make-up dates for this program. In the event that Swax Lax Lacrosse needs to cancel a session, participants are invited to join us at any fall or winter clinic session in 2020.
In the event of a conflict, a full refund less a $25 administrative charge is offered if you give us notice within two weeks. Participants can also attend another fall clinic session for which they did not originally register.